Tidy up of my honey badger amplifier

By dave on May 18, 2017

Over the past month or two, I’ve finally fixed up some snags that I had when building the honey badger amplifier. When I first built it, I had a difficult time trying to track down dry joint on one of the start boards - it also had a bad IDC connector delivering power to it. In addition the PSU boards had a fault and needed to be stripped down and moved to new boards.

Building DIYAudio's honey badger amplifier

By dave on January 2, 2017

Over a couple of years, I slowly built out an amplifier based on the DIYaudio honeybadger design. It was an on/off process where I got one part of it working at a time. Starting by building the channels one at a time on a bench PSU. This project consists of a single large transformer and dual mono PSU boards with 20K capacitance on each channel, an Arduino based control board with soft start, overload protection and DC protection.

tcMenu for Arduino

We use cookies to analyse traffic and to personalise content. We also embed Twitter, Youtube and Disqus content on some pages, these companies have their own privacy policies.

Please see our privacy policy should you need more information or wish to adjust your settings.