Currently, 2.x releases are BETA, they are not ready for main-stream use yet. Our plan is to roll out 2.0 a bit more slowly, to ensure that everything is fully in order before the full release takes place. It will be along the lines of:
- TcMenu designer 2.0 will be released first, it is fully compatible with 1.7 in every way. This will be after a full BETA cycle.
- TcMenu library and plugins will be released a little after that to give people time to upgrade. At this point 1.7 will become previous, and 2.0 current.
Transition from 1.7 to 2.0
When tcMenu Designer 2.0 is using 1.7 plugins, it is backwards-compatible with the 1.7.x version of the libraries.
- TcMenu designer 2.0 - Linux, Win7, Win10 and MacOS in BETA now
- TcMenu Arduino library 2.0 - Going into beta soon
- TcMenu Arduino plugins 2.0 - Going into beta soon
The main changes:
- All graphical classes moved into the “graphics” directory, so for example
GfxMenuConfig.h is now
- Most of the graphical code is now in a namespace, you may need
using namespace tcgfx; in your code, although the library takes care of backward compatibility for most.
- 2.0 Plugins: By default, the
GfxConfig will no longer be created, if you want to stay with this (and we recommend against) then you’ll need to create a
GfxConfig in your code as the plugins no longer do it automatically.
BETA Release 2.0BETA3 all
- Java - Ability to copy and paste menu structures in the Java version with Undo. Ability to bulk delete with Undo
- Java - Plugins parameters within code generator moved the right side of the generator window
- Fixes to ensure that the expansion occurs in source file definitions, along with applicability support.
- Plugins - LCD renderers in both Full and Uno mode, to save memory.
- Plugins - Adafruit_GFX font inclusion now in the cpp file to ensure it is only included once, it also exports the variable in _menu.h file.
- Plugins - Back and next (left and right) buttons can be configured automatically in appropriate input plugins.
BETA Release 2.0BETA2
- New plugins for TFT_eSPI and Resistive Touch screen
- Most graphical plugins now allow the number of display updates per second to be set.
- Switch over to new display properties based configuration for more control over fonts, colors, spacing and grid positioning.
- Java version now supports no global libraries option and Arduino home is configurable.
- Java version catch up to auto install packaged stable plugins and show item documentation
- Java and Win10 version now lock down the menu item variable names after the first save / generate, you can manually re-sync an item at any time afterwards, you can also override the name yourself.
- More automated testing, we’ve added more automated testing for the designer.